USBid Inc. has been awarded AS9120:2009 and ISO 9001:2008 certification for their Quality Management System for the “Distribution Electronic Components and Hardware” as of March 11, 2013.
USBid was determined AS9120:2009 and ISO 9001:2008 compliant by NQA Quality Management System, accredited by the American National Standards Institute and the Registrar Accreditation Board.
This recommendation independently confirms that USBid’s business processes conform to the international standard set forth by these standards.
AS9120 certification is an important standard to add to USBid’s quality evolution…
The company has been ISO 9001 Certified since 2004 and the newly added AS 9120 Certification adds additional requirements that address areas impacting product safety and reliability. AS9120 is for use by organizations that procure parts, materials and assemblies, and sells these products to a customer in the Aerospace industry. This includes organizations that procure products and split them into smaller quantities.
AS9120 requires that supplier’s quality systems include special emphasis on the following:
- Traceability – defines specific requirements for traceability from receipt until delivery.
- Controls of records – record requirements are significantly stringent to distribute Aerospace product.
- Airworthiness certificates – An FAA document that certifies that parts meet required airworthiness requirements.
- Splitting – Specific requirements for batch and lot splitting, and how conformance to specification is maintained.
- Evidence of Conformance – specific documents are required by distributors as evidence of conformance.
I believe AS9120 certification is an important standard to add to USBid’s quality evolution, because the proliferation of counterfeit electronic components entering the market primarily from China, will require increased vigilance in order to mitigate the risk and USBid will continue to make the necessary investments in quality to address these threats.
Customer satisfaction and continuous improvement are USBid’s permanent objectives.